Watch LIVE Here
In our most recent newsletter and in a town hall last month, I have highlighted the California LifeLine program, which provides discounts for home phone or wireless phone service to households with limited income.
In the 40th Senate District alone, 117,633 constituents are eligible for the LifeLine discount but are not currently enrolled. This program could be immensely helpful, especially now, when so many are staying at home and needing service more than ever to access online doctor’s appointments and other essential services while remaining safe.
For more information about the program and participation, you can visit the CPUC’s website for the California LifeLine program at the following link: https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/lifeline/, or you can call the California LifeLine Call Center at 1-866-272-0349.
On Wednesday, October 21, from 9:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m. at 465 C Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910, we will be partnering with Community Through Hope, the San Diego Food Bank and provider TruConnect, to host an on-site enrollment event for the California LifeLine program.
To see if you qualify for the program, please bring the following two items:
- A government-issued ID or Matricula Consular Card; AND
- Proof of benefit enrollment (see below) or proof of income
Qualifying Public Assistance Programs:
- CalFresh, Food Stamps or Suppplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Medicaid/Medi-Cal (not Medicare)
- National School Lunch Program’s (NSLP) free lunch program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF):
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKS)
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWorks)
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
- Federal Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program
Annual Income Guidelines:
Annual Income Limits
For each additional member, add $7,100.
For more info and to apply online, please visit truconnect.com/?AgentID=29827, or call (800) 430-0443.
Stay safe and healthy,
Senator, 40th District