Need Help with Rent or Utilities?
The State of California's COVID-19 Rent Relief Program has a significant amount of money available for qualified renters and landlords to cover 100% of rent and utilities owed.
If you or someone you know needs help with unpaid rent, future rent, and/or utility assistance, don't wait – apply today!
To learn more, please visit housingiskey.com.
Assistance is being administered through different programs depending on where you reside. For residents of the 40th Senate District:
City of Chula Vista: chulavistaerap.com
City of San Diego: covidassistance.sdhc.org
All other areas of San Diego County: covid-19-2021-rental-assistance.sandiegocounty.gov
Imperial County (administered by the state): visit housingiskey.com to start your application.
When in doubt, the best place to start is housingiskey.com.
- Assistance is available to help with unpaid or future rent or utilities.
- Both landlords and tenants can apply.
- Income-eligible applicants may qualify regardless of immigration status; proof of citizenship is NOT required.
- Program assistance does NOT count as earned income (for renters) and will NOT affect eligibility for any other state benefit assistance programs (e.g., CalFresh or CalWORKS).
- Applicant information is kept private and will not be shared.
- Program will accept applications on an ongoing basis but priority assistance will be given to income eligible households most at-risk of eviction.
- After an application has been successfully processed, both the landlord and renter will be notified of next steps.
Call the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122.
For assistance in another language, or to find a local organization to assist you with your application, please call 833-687-0967.